- How Much Money Is Needed To Invest In Rental Property?
- Should A Real Estate Investor Get An Agent’s License?
- 5 Big Factors That Affect The Costs Of Renovating Your Home
- SIBOR Hike – What You Can Do With Your Current Loan
- 6 Basic Don’ts Of Real Estate Negotiation Tactics
- Will New Condo Relaunches Trigger The Great Property Sale We Have All Been Waiting For?
- 10 Proximity Amenities That Add Value To Real Estate
- How To Get Personal Loans More Easily With Good Credit
Deraign refers to activities meant to prove the ownership of land.
The work involve can include tracing the history of the chain of title.
These activities are common when there are legal disputes regarding the true owners of a piece of land.
They might arise when someone steps up to claim ownership or when due diligence is conducted before a property is being transacted.
This is also why title companies play a vital role in the transaction of real estate as they check the status of titles and advise clients accordingly about how clear a title actually is.
Title insurance can also be purchased as a form of financial protection should deraign work against your favor.
These insurance policies are usually presented to potential buyers during the sales process.