- How Much Money Is Needed To Invest In Rental Property?
- Should A Real Estate Investor Get An Agent’s License?
- 5 Big Factors That Affect The Costs Of Renovating Your Home
- SIBOR Hike – What You Can Do With Your Current Loan
- 6 Basic Don’ts Of Real Estate Negotiation Tactics
- Will New Condo Relaunches Trigger The Great Property Sale We Have All Been Waiting For?
- 10 Proximity Amenities That Add Value To Real Estate
- How To Get Personal Loans More Easily With Good Credit
Dremel Micro 8050-N/18 Rotary Tool Kit with 18 Accessories Review
If there is something that men naturally find an affiliation with, it is tools. It has very little to do with how they look or what they are made of.
It’s more about how tools can solve simple problems that can seem impossible to solve with bare hands. This “ability and power” that tools give men arouses the feeling of masculinity and manliness.
If you have yet to figure it out yet, men and women generally have different thinking processes. And while women cannot help but stock up a cabinet full of grooming accessories, men cannot help but keep various types of tool sets in the trusty toolbox in the garage.
And every now and then, a new “toy” comes into the market that is almost irresistible to men. And the one I’m referring to can be appealing to any homeowner no matter the gender.
It’s the Dremel Micro 8050-N/18 rotary tool kit that comes with 18 accessories. It is a carving tool, material cutter, grinder, polisher, sander, and more, all rolled into one. The only thing it doesn’t do is bring you breakfast in bed.
And with it’s modern sleek look, you’d be excused for being unable to recognize what exactly this piece of technology does.
Such an eye-candy of a gadget this is, that if I have guest over, I’d be very receptive to excuses for me to bring it out just to see the envy on the eyes of others.
Features of Dremel 8050-N/18 Micro rotary tool kit
- Slim ergonomic design makes it easy working in tight spaces
- Lightweight and easy to handle for detailed projects
- LED front-end lighting that improves visibility when working with it
- Variable speed indicator and fuel gauge to help you monitor level of performance
- Lithium-ion rechargeable battery
- Charging docking station included
- Speed of 5,000-28,000
- 2 year warranty
If you are really into technical details, this is the list of the included 18 accessories:
- 105 Engraving Cutter
- 125 High Speed Cutter
- 191 High Speed Cutter
- 401 Mandrel
- 402 Mandrel
- 407 1/2″, 60 Grit, Sanding Drum Mandrel
- 408 1/2″, 60 Grit, Sanding Band
- 414 1/2″ Felt Polishing Wheel (2)
- 421 Polishing Compound
- 426 1 ¼” Cut-Off Wheel (2)
- 429 1” Felt Polishing Wheel (2)
- 432 1/2″, 120 Grit, Sanding Band
- 445 1/2″, 240 Grit Sanding Band
- 530 Stainless Steel Brush
- 84922 Silicon Carbide Grinding Stone
Are there any reasons not to buy this tool kit set?
To tell you the truth, I’m not a hands-on person. Whenever there is something wrong with furniture or fixtures, I try to avoid putting on my carpenter’s hat until it’s totally unavoidable.
And if you have to drag me out of the comfort of my sofa to fix something, this tool will make the tasks at hand all the more easier, and it would be a fun tool to utilize just to see how awesome it is.
For ladies, you might hate to get your hands dirty. So leave the decision of buying something like this to the man in the house. Who knows… after purchasing it, your hubby might not like to use fancy tools like this and prefer to do things the old-fashioned and more labor-intensive manual way.
If your husband is someone who digs stuff like these, it can actually make a great gift that will be pleasantly appreciated.
And if you are the type of homeowner who leaves maintenance and repairs to contractors who are on call 24/7, this would be a waste of money and space (even though it takes up very little space).
The biggest concern is that because it is so easy to operate with, curious children could potentially hurt themselves if you leave it in accessible areas in the house.
Is Dremel Micro 8050-N/18 Rotary Tool Kit worth buying?
If you have a specific regular use for this product, it is definitely a tool worth buying. You get 18 additional accessories that come with it for different uses.
For example, pet groomers are using them to trim the nails of dogs. Woodworking hobbyist and professionals are using them for sculpting and detailing work on wood. Even artists are using this for polishing and finishing.
But if you feel that it is something that you will use maybe only once a year, you might want to give this a pass. You should already have an idea how you want to use this before you buy instead of thinking where to use it after you buy.
Even so, I feel that every home should have a tool kit like this stored somewhere. And in some instances, it could very well be a life-saver.