- How Much Money Is Needed To Invest In Rental Property?
- Should A Real Estate Investor Get An Agent’s License?
- 5 Big Factors That Affect The Costs Of Renovating Your Home
- SIBOR Hike – What You Can Do With Your Current Loan
- 6 Basic Don’ts Of Real Estate Negotiation Tactics
- Will New Condo Relaunches Trigger The Great Property Sale We Have All Been Waiting For?
- 10 Proximity Amenities That Add Value To Real Estate
- How To Get Personal Loans More Easily With Good Credit
A carport is a roofed structure with at least one open-air side and space below used for housing vehicles.
While they might not be ideal in protecting vehicles from the weather, homeowner choose them for personal preference or budget constraints.
They are often built as extensions to single-family homes with the sole purpose of parking cars and other vehicles belonging to the residents.
By definition, they are different from garages as garages are completely enclosed areas with no direct exposure to the elements outside.
Also commonly referred to as a car porch, they are slowly being phased-out by the newer generation of homeowners due to security concerns and insufficient protection of vehicles from the weather.