- How Much Money Is Needed To Invest In Rental Property?
- Should A Real Estate Investor Get An Agent’s License?
- 5 Big Factors That Affect The Costs Of Renovating Your Home
- SIBOR Hike – What You Can Do With Your Current Loan
- 6 Basic Don’ts Of Real Estate Negotiation Tactics
- Will New Condo Relaunches Trigger The Great Property Sale We Have All Been Waiting For?
- 10 Proximity Amenities That Add Value To Real Estate
- How To Get Personal Loans More Easily With Good Credit
Judgment In Rem
A judgment in rem is a judgment from court against a property instead of against a person or entity.
When such judgments are made, everyone who as an interest in the property will be bound by the order.
These event happen often when there are issues and disputes regarding easements that a certain property needs to contest for or against.
It can also happen in other instances.
For example when a person is unable to pay a creditor, and after taking the debtor to court, a judgment in rem is given against the debtor who has an involuntary lien placed on his property.