- How Much Money Is Needed To Invest In Rental Property?
- Should A Real Estate Investor Get An Agent’s License?
- 5 Big Factors That Affect The Costs Of Renovating Your Home
- SIBOR Hike – What You Can Do With Your Current Loan
- 6 Basic Don’ts Of Real Estate Negotiation Tactics
- Will New Condo Relaunches Trigger The Great Property Sale We Have All Been Waiting For?
- 10 Proximity Amenities That Add Value To Real Estate
- How To Get Personal Loans More Easily With Good Credit
Mesne profits refer to damages or profits derived from a party who is in wrongful possession of real property.
The fair market rental of the property during the period of wrongful possession will usually be a factor that determines the amount.
Sometimes even the property value used to calculating property tax can be used.
One must note that the damages are for the possession of the property.
It does not include any losses suffered by the lawful owner for destructive actions carried out on the land in wrongful possession.
In certain circumstances, improvements made by the trespasser can be used to offset the judgment of mesne profits.