- How Much Money Is Needed To Invest In Rental Property?
- Should A Real Estate Investor Get An Agent’s License?
- 5 Big Factors That Affect The Costs Of Renovating Your Home
- SIBOR Hike – What You Can Do With Your Current Loan
- 6 Basic Don’ts Of Real Estate Negotiation Tactics
- Will New Condo Relaunches Trigger The Great Property Sale We Have All Been Waiting For?
- 10 Proximity Amenities That Add Value To Real Estate
- How To Get Personal Loans More Easily With Good Credit
Underwriting refers to the whole process of loan application to loan closing that a lender has to undertake in order to close and disburse a mortgage.
In many circles, prospecting for customers is also considered part of the underwriting process.
Some of the activities of underwriting include:
- Credit analysis
- Credit assessment
- Debt ratio tabulation
- Credit scoring
The underwriting process can take as long as a week to finish, and sometimes longer.
However, in times of urgency, like when a home buyers has little time before closing, banks are known to push through mortgage applications quickly through their underwriting systems.
In some cases, it can take as quick as an hour to complete the whole process.
But getting in that priority queue is not easy.