- How Much Money Is Needed To Invest In Rental Property?
- Should A Real Estate Investor Get An Agent’s License?
- 5 Big Factors That Affect The Costs Of Renovating Your Home
- SIBOR Hike – What You Can Do With Your Current Loan
- 6 Basic Don’ts Of Real Estate Negotiation Tactics
- Will New Condo Relaunches Trigger The Great Property Sale We Have All Been Waiting For?
- 10 Proximity Amenities That Add Value To Real Estate
- How To Get Personal Loans More Easily With Good Credit
Mr. Beams MB316 Wireless LED Mini Spotlight with Motion Sensor and Photocell Review
My first ever encounter with lighting activated by motion sensors left me in awe…
It was in a washroom at school. And to think that I initially hesitated entering the washroom even though I was in an “emergency” situation because the room was too dark.
That was probably at least decades ago.
Now more cutting edge technologies have been developed and incorporated into motion sensor lighting to create better consumer-centric products.
You’d expect nothing less.
The Mr Beams MB316 is a wireless LED mini spotlight with motion sensors and photocell. This means that the conventional motion sensor light has beefed up with wireless technology, photocell advancement, LED development, and indomitable lumens power.
That’s a lot of technology squeezed into a small package measuring 3.9 x 3.1 x 3.1 inches each.
Now you might be wondering why would you ever need such a high-tech lighting fixture when you can just stick to the old and use the switch like you’ve always done.
Well… this is the type of product where you won’t be able to fully appreciate until you run into situations or conditions where it will be more than useful.
I can immediately think of areas in the house where it will be useful. Like the attic and basement. And outdoor areas like the doorways, trees and fences.
One such use for example is if an intruder enters your yard and makes a sound, an activated LED light could inform you that there is really something moving about outside instead of you imagining things.
Little things like these can make a big difference to the safety of your family at home and your own peace of mind.
Features of Mr. Beams MB316
- Extremely bright LED with minimum power consumption
- 80 Lumens of light
- Detects motion as far as 30-feet away
- 30 seconds per activation
- Motion sensor automatically turns LED spotlight on and off
- Built-in light sensor guarantees activation only after dark to conserve battery life
- Durable weatherproof design
- Suitable for both indoor and outdoor use
- Mounts to any flat surface
- Able to point in any direction
- 350 square Feet of light coverage
- Battery operated leaving no exposed wires
- Each spotlight runs on 3 C-cell batteries (not included)
- Available in white with model MB306
- Approximately 30 hours battery life
- 1 year limited warranty
Drawbacks of Mr Beams Wireless LED Spotlight with Motion Sensor
The main problem with lighting fixtures like these concerns the issue of it’s power source.
It can be a real drag when you have to replace and/or charge the batteries especially when you have a lot of these things installed in and around the interior and exterior of your house.
And if you have them installed on high places, you would have to climb up and down quite a number of times. Due to this, you can’t take the risk and let your children take on these tasks.
Boys might find it fun to play the handyman. Yet don’t be ignorant to the safety hazards involved with allowing children to take on tasks like these.
Anyway if you had wanted to get a set of wireless spotlights, this is a hassle that you should already be mentally prepared for. And… don’t feel too daunted by this task. It’s not as if you are fixing up an air-conditioner.
This is also why the next stage of evolution in this product is wireless power. But we could be a long way off before that technology comes into fruition.
Is Mr Beams MB316 Wireless LED Spotlight with Motion Sensor and Photocell worth buying?
As mentioned previously, this is the type of product that you either want or don’t want. There is no neither here nor there.
If you are already on the market for a wireless LED spotlight activated with motion sensors and fixed with photocell, this product serves your needs and is one of the best of it’s class around.
And remember, if you don’t like the dark brown color, there is a white variant with the model MB306.
It is also being retailed at a pretty fair price when you consider the amount of technology that has went into this product.
And for users who need it to serve a specific purpose, the functionality and dependability of this light fixture can be priceless.