- How Much Money Is Needed To Invest In Rental Property?
- Should A Real Estate Investor Get An Agent’s License?
- 5 Big Factors That Affect The Costs Of Renovating Your Home
- SIBOR Hike – What You Can Do With Your Current Loan
- 6 Basic Don’ts Of Real Estate Negotiation Tactics
- Will New Condo Relaunches Trigger The Great Property Sale We Have All Been Waiting For?
- 10 Proximity Amenities That Add Value To Real Estate
- How To Get Personal Loans More Easily With Good Credit
Comparables is a term used in appraisals to refer to recently sold or rented out property that is very similar to the property being appraised.
It is often referred to as comps.
This is an important factor in estimating a house’s value as it is a direct indication of how much the open market values the property.
While the more identical the comparable is to the property being evaluated, a good comparable is not necessarily physically similar.
Other aspects of property value play as much a role as the size and shape of the property in question.