- How Much Money Is Needed To Invest In Rental Property?
- Should A Real Estate Investor Get An Agent’s License?
- 5 Big Factors That Affect The Costs Of Renovating Your Home
- SIBOR Hike – What You Can Do With Your Current Loan
- 6 Basic Don’ts Of Real Estate Negotiation Tactics
- Will New Condo Relaunches Trigger The Great Property Sale We Have All Been Waiting For?
- 10 Proximity Amenities That Add Value To Real Estate
- How To Get Personal Loans More Easily With Good Credit
Formula – Expense Ratio
E/I = R
E – Operating expense
I – Gross income from rental
R – Expense ratio
Sometimes also called the operating ratio, the expense ratio reveals the relationship between operating expenses and rental income.
This can be very useful when comparing properties to invest in.
Expressed as a percentage, it is important to note that mortgage interest expense is not taken into account when determining E because interest expense can vary.