- How Much Money Is Needed To Invest In Rental Property?
- Should A Real Estate Investor Get An Agent’s License?
- 5 Big Factors That Affect The Costs Of Renovating Your Home
- SIBOR Hike – What You Can Do With Your Current Loan
- 6 Basic Don’ts Of Real Estate Negotiation Tactics
- Will New Condo Relaunches Trigger The Great Property Sale We Have All Been Waiting For?
- 10 Proximity Amenities That Add Value To Real Estate
- How To Get Personal Loans More Easily With Good Credit
Local Improvement District
A local improvement district is a legal mechanism that local property areas can trigger to band together and assess areas of improvements that can be made to the neighborhood.
Types of improvements can include:
- Covered sidewalks
- Local parks
Recommendations they make are then submitted to the relevant authorities for assessment and funding approval.
Because this is the government’s money, proper procedure, accounting and governance accompany such projects to ensure that no fraudulent activities are involved.
Not all state have local improvement district mechanisms in place.